Columbia Veterinary Clinic
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Sign Up Now
Purina® Pro Plan® Vet DirectPurina® Pro Plan® Vet Direct's advanced therapeutic nutrition is established through decades of research and supported by a global network of over 500 scientists, including veterinarians, behaviorists, and nutritionists.
To sign up for the home delivery program, please complete the following registration form.
VaccinationsPets today can live longer, healthier lives than ever before—in part because of vaccines that help protect them from deadly infectious diseases. Over the years, vaccines against dangerous diseases have saved millions of pets and virtually eliminated some fatal diseases that were once common. Unfortunately, many infectious diseases still pose a significant threat to dogs...
Canine ReproductionAdvances in technology now enable us to breed dogs from any two parts of the world. Our doctors are trained in these services and can provide assistance with canine ovulation timing, semen evaluation, artificial and chilled semen insemination, frozen semen implants, shipping chilled semen and C-Sections. Please contact us if you would like additional information...
Fully Stocked PharmacyWe have a fully stocked pharmacy to offer you the best value while delivering reliable and personalized service. We have the most complete medical information on your pets, and the ability to anticipate drug interactions or other problems that can result from inappropriately administering medication. Before you purchase your next prescription or medication refill, ask...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
They take excellent care of my cat and have a great bedside manner for us humans as well.
We have taken our dogs to Columbia Veterinary for years beginning wirh Dr. Middle, whom we loved! We were a little apprehensive when Dr. Middle retired and sold his practice. However, that apprehension was short-lived. We have come to greatly appreciate and respect Dr. Housley and Dr. Reiger for their caring, professional and thorough care of our "girls!" Sadly, we have moved out of state and have had to start over with a new veterinarian. For a small town, there are several choices here for veterinary care, but we can wholeheartedly recommend Columbia Veterinary Clinic!